July 23, 2019 | Vol. 18 | Issue 6
MGI's 2019 Membership Marketing Benchmarking Report is Out!
We recently released the 11th edition of our MGI Membership Marketing Benchmarking Report, the industry’s most comprehensive membership marketing study. This year, 824 unique individual, trade, and combination associations responded to our survey, answering questions covering the spectrum of the membership cycle. We also added questions delving into innovation, membership models, and value delivery.
You can download the free full report here.
To get you started, below are 8 quick findings from this year’s report:
- 45% of associations report membership growth in the past year compared to 26% saying their membership declined.
- Associations with increases in their one-year and five-year membership numbers are significantly more likely to have higher percentages of Millennial and Generation X members.
- 49% of associations believe their value proposition is compelling or very compelling despite value creation being an important driver of success.
- Renewal rates for both first-year and tenured members are trending upward with overall renewal rates at a median of 85%.
- Associations with a higher renewal rate (80%+) are significantly more likely to raise their dues annually, but keep those increases under 10%.
- 83% of associations reporting increases in member renewals over the past year have a tactical engagement plan in place.
- 76% of associations report having a culture that supports innovation yet only 23% have a process in place to support innovative and new ideas.
- More than 80% of associations with membership increases are significantly more likely to indicate that their organizations have a culture that supports innovation.
How does your organization compare? Get more insights and findings by downloading the full report here. Don’t forget to stop by MGI booth #1946 at ASAE Annual 2019 to pick up your free printed copy of the report!
Join the conversation by following us on social media using #MMBR2019.