Focused Research That Informs Strategic Decision-Making
MGI’s research team helps your association improve its marketing strategies based on a better understanding of your members and prospects. Our team is ready to partner with you and put their years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research to work so you can make informed decisions and meet your goals.
From survey design and development to execution and interpretation, when you work with our team, you can expect answers to your toughest questions and actionable next steps you can put to use immediately.
Our research services include:
- Indispensability/Member Needs Assessment: We identify which benefits, products, and/or services are most important to members, and how well your association is delivering on each.
- Value Proposition Research: We determine what drives membership to your association, what barriers to membership exist, and why some people have never joined.
- Product/Benefit Analysis: We identify which benefits, services, and products your members are aware of and which are used most often, or gauge interest levels in proposed new offerings.
- Brand/Messaging Evaluation: We evaluate how your association is viewed as a brand and determine what members believe the brand should convey, as well as how specific messaging, language, taglines, or logos are perceived by members.
- Price Evaluation: We assess optimal price ranges or price elasticity for new products, services, or membership levels.
- Career Mapping/Compensation Research: We gather data to create a narrative that defines career paths or to understand salaries and benefits of professionals within your industry.
- Best Practices/Benchmark Research: We collect and quantify best practices used in the industry so that members can benchmark their company against others in the profession.
- Tiered Membership Evaluation: We determine if a tiered membership model is a good fit for your association, and identify benefits that could be included and tiered within the model.
- Industry Insights Poll: We collect data on your members’ perceptions of hot-button industry topics.
- Environmental Scans: We assess how your members are affected by factors in their environment such as harassment, diversity, health, or possible future changes in workspaces.
- Custom Research: We address your association’s specific issues or questions using custom research designed to fit your needs.