If you use any chat room or other community on the Website, you must be at least thirteen (13) years old. If you are a convicted sexual predator, you may not use any such Website feature.
We recommend that minors over age 13 (that is, between ages 13 and 18) obtain their parent’s or guardian’s permission before sending information about themselves to anyone online. Click here for tips on staying safe online.
By using the Website, you agree not to upload, post, email or otherwise send or transmit any material that:
- Contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the Website;
- Is abusive, illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights or otherwise objectionable or which may give rise to liability or violate any law;
- Is in violation of a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or other right of any person; or
- Requests personally identifiable information.
You also agree not to:
- Impersonate any other person while using the Website;
- Use the Website for any unlawful purpose; or
- Upload commercial content to the Website or use the Website to solicit others without our express prior written permission.
If you use any chat room or other community on the Website, you will treat other users with respect.
If you choose to upload video and/or photographs to the Website, by uploading such video or photographs you agree that they:
- Do not contain any copyrighted materials or trademarks that you do not own; and
- Do not depict any individual or feature the voice of any individual other than you unless you have obtained permission from each person depicted or featured in the video. Any elements or persons that appear in the video and/or photograph, including without limitation, images, music, audio, speech, or other audiovisual materials used must be entirely original, created and performed by the entrant, or be in the public domain. We may, but have no obligation to, remove video or photographs that use any elements that are not original or in the public domain.
We do not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to the Website, and we are not responsible for the content of such communications and materials. You acknowledge that, by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user–generated content on the Website, we are acting only as a passive conduit for such distribution, and we are not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any such content. All such content is offered AS IS, and you view and use it at your own risk. However, we reserve the right to block or remove communications or materials that we determine to be:
- Abusive, defamatory or obscene;
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading;
- In violation of a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or other right of any person;
- Offensive or otherwise unacceptable to us in our sole discretion.
If you become aware of misuse of the Website by any person, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Information Submitted
You agree that we are free to use any comments, information, or ideas contained in any communication you may send to us, without notice, compensation or acknowledgement to you, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving the Website or other products or services.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to terminate or restrict your use of the Website, without notice, for any or no reason, and without liability to you or any third party.
The entire content of the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics and code, is the property of Marketing General Incorporated Copyright 2010, Marketing General Incorporated ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. We grant you permission to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of the Website solely for your own personal, non–commercial use, provided that you do not change or delete any proprietary notices from downloaded or printed materials. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the Website content is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by us in writing.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of Marketing General Incorporated used on the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Marketing General Incorporated in the U.S. and/or other countries. They may not be used without our prior express written permission. All other trademarks that appear on the Website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to or endorsed by us.
Warranty Disclaimer & Liability Limit
By using the Website you agree to receive electronic communications from us. You agree that any notice, agreement, disclosure or other communication that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
Your use of the Website shall be governed by the laws of Minnesota, without regard to choice of law provisions. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the Website shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Nicollet County, Minnesota. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Website must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises, or it shall be forever barred.
Marketing General Incorporated
625 North Washington Street, Suite 450
Alexandria, VA 22314-1930