Do you thrive on new growth opportunities, leadership, innovative solutions, unparalleled communication, and teamwork? Marketing General Incorporated is the place for you!
A career path is way too narrow of a journey – we want you to move up, over, around, and through your potential.
Marketing General Incorporated is a leader in the dynamic direct response industry, and we are looking for candidates with the talent and experience to become a part of our growing company.
Explore our site, learn about our company and our professionals, and see why we might be able to offer you career momentum.
MGI is located in beautiful Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, on the banks of the Potomac River. We offer a dynamic opportunity for growth, an enjoyable work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are qualified and interested in applying, please use the link to apply for the job at the end of the job description.
MGI participates in the E-Verify program.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a Marketing Account Manager.
The Marketing Account Manager will be responsible for managing all marketing functions for assigned accounts. Duties include providing marketing strategies for growing membership, meetings, certifications and product sales, as well as hands-on experience with budgeting, project management, list research, creative direction in art and editorial, and results reporting.
Experience with nonprofit organizations and/or agency experience desirable. Working knowledge of direct response marketing techniques, nonprofit industry best practices and terminology is required. Hands-on experience creating, analyzing and reporting on campaign results is needed. Experience developing multi-media campaigns (mail/email/online/tm) to reach client goals is preferred.
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least five years total experience and minimum of three years experience in marketing or related field.
Must possess excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills, and must have intermediate to advanced PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to work well with a variety of clients and personnel, while demonstrating a professional demeanor. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail is a necessity. The ability to work well independently, managing priorities and projects to ensure that client projects are implemented on time and within budget, as well as working as an effective member of a team is required. This is not a sales position.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a Telemarketing Assistant Coordinator.
MGI is seeking someone to assist in the Telemarketing Department as it continues to grow. The TM Division handles over 100 clients with 25-40 programs running concurrently.
Duties would include handling and verifying reports on a daily basis between vendors and client, invoicing, tracking programs from start to completion, coordinating meetings, assisting clients and managing programs.
Qualifications include proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to build rapport with clients thru excellent customer service, strong writing and communication skills. Attention to detail and multitasking while working independently with minimal supervision is a must. Previous experience in telemarketing and/or marketing agency is helpful but not necessary.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a New Business Development Sales Associate.
Marketing General Inc. – http://www.marketinggeneral.com/ – is a marketing agency that focuses 100% on helping not-for-profit trade and individual membership associations grow revenue. We are a narrowly focused organization with deep expertise in this area. We are looking for a candidate that will help us grow our client base nationwide. This is technically a sales job, but not a traditional sales job. Disciplined practice of proper sales process and technique are not enough to succeed in this job. The successful candidate will understand that he or she will be required to develop expertise in association marketing. This is a highly technical and consultative sales process.
- Highly motivated self-starter with disciplined persistence and intensity
- Must have either association, not-for-profit fundraising experience or marketing agency experience
- Must have 10+ years of experience in the workplace
- Must be an excellent writer
- Must be comfortable and effective presenting to a group
- Must have experience working with a CRM system and proficiency with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must be willing to work from MGI’s office in Alexandria, VA each day – this is not a remote position, no telework
- Must have strong time management, project management, communication, and analytical skills
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects and assignments
- Must have superior level listening and discovery/diagnosis skills
- Must have the ability to proactively develop and maintain professional business relationships with internal resources, current clients and prospective clients
- Must be willing to work in a goal driven environment
- Must be able to travel to meetings within the DC Metro region multiple times per week
- Must be able to travel outside of the region for client meetings and industry events (typically 7-12 trips per year)
- In the first few months, learning will be the primary responsibility
- About associations
- About MGI service and product offerings
- About MGI’s sales process
- Generate and develop new prospects through a disciplined, organized approach
- Effectively assess the needs of prospects and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Develop appropriate service, product, and technology solutions for targeted accounts
- Prepare effective sales presentations that reflect that needs assessment and MGI’s solution
- Deliver effective presentations
- Work within the MGI sales process and document progress in CRM
- Utilize the internal resources and expertise in proposals and presentations
- Over time become an authority on membership marketing
- Meet and exceed specific measurable goals; revenue targets, leading indicators (such as number of meetings, number of opportunities, close percentage, etc) and personal development goals
- Be an enthusiastic and active participant in MGI’s business development team
- Contribute to a positive workplace culture
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, we require three things:
- A professional resume
- A cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. The letter is a writing sample that we will evaluate as part of our process. Please demonstrate in your letter that you have read and understand the qualifications and responsibilities detailed in this description.
- Salary requirements. Please do not submit a resume without indicating your salary requirements.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a Email Project Specialist
(Lake Mary, Florida)
We are looking for someone to join our team that enjoys working with Marketo and other tools to produce quick-turn email projects for our clients. This person will be an integral part of our online marketing team, working with our Account Services team in support of our clients all over the country. The Email Project Specialist will be responsible for all email programming, Marketo marketing automation programming, scheduling and management of our client’s emails. If you are a self-starter with a passion for Marketo and email, we want to talk to you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and eager to please our clients is necessary.
- Develop responsive HTML/Text emails.
- Coordinate email solution administration including content editing, subscriber list administration & segmentation, message testing and campaign reporting.
- Communicate, prioritize and schedule projects/tasks for implementation.
- Ensure consistency, adherence to corporate, client brand direction, and style guides for all HTML layouts and online development work.
- Maintain technical knowledge of industry standards, best practices and trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Hard-working and flexible attitude with ability to effectively multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Strong in email campaign management and programming for inclusion of dynamic/variable data, designing templates and managing images and text for use in email service provider systems.
- Ability to write/correct HTML code as necessary to edit/enhance WYSIWYG programming developed in Adobe Dreamweaver or text editor. Highly proficient in Dreamweaver, Email on Acid and Microsoft Office tools including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience deploying email from Marketo is required and working knowledge of other marketing automation platforms are a plus.
- Experience working with content management systems is a requirement. Kentico experience is highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively independently and/or with a team are necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in graphic/digital design or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of email campaign management and marketing experience.
- Two or more years work experience with deploying emails from Marketo is required. Experience with other marketing automation platforms like Pardot, Eloqua, HubSpot, Informz, etc… are a plus.
- Experience with ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Informz is a plus
- Agency experience managing multiple clients preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working at or with associations, professional societies or membership organizations is a plus.