Do you thrive on new growth opportunities, leadership, innovative solutions, unparalleled communication, and teamwork? Marketing General Incorporated is the place for you!
A career path is way too narrow of a journey – we want you to move up, over, around, and through your potential.
Marketing General Incorporated is a leader in the dynamic direct response industry, and we are looking for candidates with the talent and experience to become a part of our growing company.
Explore our site, learn about our company and our professionals, and see why we might be able to offer you career momentum.
MGI is located in beautiful Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, on the banks of the Potomac River. We offer a dynamic opportunity for growth, an enjoyable work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are qualified and interested in applying, please use the link to apply for the job at the end of the job description.
MGI participates in the E-Verify program.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a Marketing Account Manager.
The Marketing Account Manager will be responsible for managing all marketing functions for assigned accounts. Duties include providing marketing strategies for growing membership, meetings, certifications and product sales, as well as hands-on experience with budgeting, project management, list research, creative direction in art and editorial, and results reporting.
Experience with nonprofit organizations and/or agency experience desirable. Working knowledge of direct response marketing techniques, nonprofit industry best practices and terminology is required. Hands-on experience creating, analyzing and reporting on campaign results is needed. Experience developing multi-media campaigns (mail/email/online/tm) to reach client goals is preferred.
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least five years total experience and minimum of three years experience in marketing or related field.
Must possess excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills, and must have intermediate to advanced PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to work well with a variety of clients and personnel, while demonstrating a professional demeanor. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail is a necessity. The ability to work well independently, managing priorities and projects to ensure that client projects are implemented on time and within budget, as well as working as an effective member of a team is required. This is not a sales position.
- Flexible schedule – will average 20-25 hours per week
- Scheduling email sends using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target)
- Develop HTML emails for a variety of clients
- Pull reports as needed.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target), Act-On or similar ESP (Email Service Providers).
- Knowledge of current email standards and programming languages such as HTML, CSS, responsive design coding and related technologies.
- Ability to write/correct HTML code as necessary to edit/enhance programming developed in Adobe Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of email campaign management and programming for inclusion of dynamic/variable data, knowledge of Salesforce’s Ampscript programming, designing templates and managing images and text for use in email service provider systems.
- Knowledge of United States CAN-SPAM Act and Canadian Bill C-28 (CASL) regulations and best practices in opt-in methods, trigger confirmation responses, preferences tracking, unsubscribe mechanisms and forward features.
- In-depth understanding of cross-browser/platform/email client development, performance optimization techniques and accessibility standards
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Marketing General Incorporated was formed in 1978 and is widely respected throughout the association and nonprofit community as a thought leader, a trusted resource, and a preferred partner. Our lifecycle approach to membership marketing means we keep sight of the big picture as well as the many details essential to successful member programs.
Monday – Friday in the Alexandria, VA office.
- Provides project management to assigned clients
- Prepares project concepts and draft copy to clients for approval
- Establishes project management schedules and budgets for all campaigns
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance: researching and recommending new opportunities, recommending profit and service improvements. Keeping in constant contact with the client via regular scheduled meetings, either in-person, telephone and email communication.
- Interacts with internal departments including Production, creative, Lists and Data services to execute and deliver campaigns.
- Prepares, edits, proofreads draft copy, artwork and proofs. Prepare reports by collecting, entering, analyzing and summarizing statistical and analytical spreads
- Maintains quality service by learning and following established schedules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years total experience and minimum of three years’ experience in marketing or related field
- Experience with basic marketing concepts, printing, mailing, online, and computer service industries
- Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment, have excellent PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must demonstrate a professional demeanor, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to deliver quality customer service
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively accomplish multiple tasks required
- Experience with nonprofit organizations/Agency
- Working knowledge of direct response marketing techniques, nonprofit industry best practice
- Hands-on experience creating, analyzing and reporting on campaign and testing data
- Experience managing acquisition list selection, file segmentation strategies, testing structures, and data base functions
- Experience to identify what short- and long-term goals need to be met and how to meet them
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working with eBusiness team to schedule online email and web jobs, set project priorities, monitor job progress by tracking schedules, communicate changes and job status, expedite requirements, review received assets, ensure instructions are correct and resolve problems.
- Proofing of online projects produced by eBusiness department before they leave the department. This includes understanding assigned email and web programming requirements, quality control processes and the ability to review data/reporting for projects.
- Manage assigned clients within eBusiness department.
- Develop online project scopes, timelines and estimates.
- Schedule and monitor internal department jobs that are not directly related to client work.
- Responsible for project billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree with 3 to 5 years of marketing production experience, preferably in an online production/project management role.
PMP Certification is not required but is preferred.
Advertising/Marketing agency experience in production/trafficking role with web and e-mail project understanding. 2+ years of agency experience preferred.
Understanding of CAN-SPAM, CASL and GDPR Regulations with the ability to follow guidelines when consulting on and implementing online programs.
Must have the ability to excel in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires learning fast and thinking outside of the box.
Willingness to take full ownership of work needed.
Must be able to efficiently and effectively produce high quality work, have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills.
Strong team player with the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines a must.
Strong conflict resolution skills needed.
Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment, have excellent PC skills to include intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must demonstrate a professional demeanor, outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to deliver quality customer service, excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.