Do you thrive on new growth opportunities, leadership, innovative solutions, unparalleled communication, and teamwork? Marketing General Incorporated is the place for you!
A career path is way too narrow of a journey – we want you to move up, over, around, and through your potential.
Marketing General Incorporated is a leader in the dynamic direct response industry, and we are looking for candidates with the talent and experience to become a part of our growing company.
Explore our site, learn about our company and our professionals, and see why we might be able to offer you career momentum.
MGI is located in beautiful Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, on the banks of the Potomac River. We offer a dynamic opportunity for growth, an enjoyable work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are qualified and interested in applying, please use the link to apply for the job at the end of the job description.
MGI participates in the E-Verify program.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a Marketing Account Manager.
The Marketing Account Manager will be responsible for managing all marketing functions for assigned accounts. Duties include providing marketing strategies for growing membership, meetings, certifications and product sales, as well as hands-on experience with budgeting, project management, list research, creative direction in art and editorial, and results reporting.
Experience with nonprofit organizations and/or agency experience desirable. Working knowledge of direct response marketing techniques, nonprofit industry best practices and terminology is required. Hands-on experience creating, analyzing and reporting on campaign results is needed. Experience developing multi-media campaigns (mail/email/online/tm) to reach client goals is preferred.
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least five years total experience and minimum of three years experience in marketing or related field.
Must possess excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills, and must have intermediate to advanced PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to work well with a variety of clients and personnel, while demonstrating a professional demeanor. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail is a necessity. The ability to work well independently, managing priorities and projects to ensure that client projects are implemented on time and within budget, as well as working as an effective member of a team is required. This is not a sales position.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a Data Services Coordinator in Alexandria, Virginia.
The Data Services Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and completion of data services projects as assigned by the Data Services Management team.
This a a Direct Mail or Lettershop/Mailhouse Data Processing Specialist position.
Skills and Experience:
- ollege degree (preferred) with an Economics/Business, Marketing, Engineering, Math, Statistics and/or Technology/Data Processing discipline with 1+ years of data services/direct mail or lettershop/mailhouse data processing experience.
- Coordinate conditioning of data files from start to finish.
- Create and maintain schedules, accurately and on time.
- Perform initial startup procedures for data services projects.
- Monitor, receive, check content, import into database program and provide initial record counts to designated staff.
- Convert files to MGI format.
- Manage job archives and update suppression files.
- Clean and standardize files using Group1’s Code-1 Plus.
- Complete and maintain job documentation, in a timely manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Experience with Pitney Bowes/Group1 Suite (preferred), BCC, Anchor/MIRUS, Datalever & Red Point Global and/or other mail data processing software.
- Technically savvy, with the ability to bridge business needs with technical solutions.
- Organized and very detail-oriented.
- Professional, enthusiastic, and a team player.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality customer service.