Do you thrive on new growth opportunities, leadership, innovative solutions, unparalleled communication, and teamwork? Marketing General Incorporated is the place for you!
A career path is way too narrow of a journey – we want you to move up, over, around, and through your potential.
Marketing General Incorporated is a leader in the dynamic direct response industry, and we are looking for candidates with the talent and experience to become a part of our growing company.
Explore our site, learn about our company and our professionals, and see why we might be able to offer you career momentum.
MGI is located in beautiful Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, on the banks of the Potomac River. We offer a dynamic opportunity for growth, an enjoyable work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are qualified and interested in applying, please use the link to apply for the job at the end of the job description.
MGI participates in the E-Verify program.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a Marketing Account Manager.
The Marketing Account Manager will be responsible for managing all marketing functions for assigned accounts. Duties include providing marketing strategies for growing membership, meetings, certifications and product sales, as well as hands-on experience with budgeting, project management, list research, creative direction in art and editorial, and results reporting.
Experience with nonprofit organizations and/or agency experience desirable. Working knowledge of direct response marketing techniques, nonprofit industry best practices and terminology is required. Hands-on experience creating, analyzing and reporting on campaign results is needed. Experience developing multi-media campaigns (mail/email/online/tm) to reach client goals is preferred.
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least five years total experience and minimum of three years experience in marketing or related field.
Must possess excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills, and must have intermediate to advanced PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to work well with a variety of clients and personnel, while demonstrating a professional demeanor. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail is a necessity. The ability to work well independently, managing priorities and projects to ensure that client projects are implemented on time and within budget, as well as working as an effective member of a team is required. This is not a sales position.
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a New Business Development Sales Associate.
Marketing General Inc. – http://www.marketinggeneral.com/ – is a marketing agency that focuses 100% on helping not-for-profit trade and individual membership associations grow revenue. We are a narrowly focused organization with deep expertise in this area. We are looking for a Account Developer team member that will help us grow our client base nationwide. This is technically a sales job, but not a traditional sales job. Disciplined practice of proper sales process and technique are not enough to succeed in this job. The successful candidate will understand that he or she will be required to develop expertise in association marketing. This is a highly technical and consultative sales process.
Monday – Friday in the Alexandria, VA office.
- In the first few months, learning will be the primary responsibility
- About associations
- About MGI service and product offerings
- About MGI’s sales process
- Generate and develop new prospects through a disciplined, organized approach
- Effectively assess the needs of prospects and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Develop appropriate service, product, and technology solutions for targeted accounts
- Prepare effective sales presentations that reflect that needs assessment and MGI’s solution
- Deliver effective presentations
- Work within the MGI sales process and document progress in CRM
- Utilize the internal resources and expertise in proposals and presentations
- Over time become an authority on membership marketing
- Meet and exceed specific measurable goals; revenue targets, leading indicators (such as number of meetings, number of opportunities, close percentage, etc.) and personal development goals
- Be an enthusiastic and active participant in MGI’s business development team
- Contribute to a positive workplace culture
- Must have 5+ years of experience
- Must have either association, not-for-profit fundraising experience or marketing agency experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with disciplined persistence and intensity
- Strong writing skills
- Must be comfortable and effective presenting to a group
- Experience working with a CRM system
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong time management, project management, communication, and analytical skills
- Must have superior level listening and discovery/diagnosis skills
- Ability to proactively develop and maintain professional business relationships with internal resources, current clients and prospective clients
- Goal oriented
- Must be able to travel to meetings within the DC Metro region multiple times per week
- Must be able to travel outside of the region for client meetings and industry events (typically 7-12 trips per year)
Marketing General Incorporated is seeking a Email Project Specialist
(Lake Mary, Florida)
We’re looking for someone to join our team that enjoys working with Marketo and other tools to produce quick-turn email projects for our clients. This person will be an integral part of our online marketing team, working with our Account Services team in support of our clients all over the country. The Email Project Specialist will be responsible for all email programming, Marketo marketing automation programming, scheduling and management of our client’s emails. If you’re a self-starter with a passion for Marketo and email, we want to talk to you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and eager to please our clients is a must.
- Develop responsive HTML/Text emails.
- Coordinate email solution administration including content editing, subscriber list administration & segmentation, message testing and campaign reporting.
- Communicate, prioritize and schedule projects/tasks for implementation.
- Ensure consistency and adherence to corporate and client brand direction and style guides for all HTML layouts and online development work.
- Maintain technical knowledge of industry standards, best practices and trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Hard-working and flexible attitude with ability to effectively multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Strong in email campaign management and programming for inclusion of dynamic/variable data, designing templates and managing images and text for use in email service provider systems.
- Ability to write/correct HTML code as necessary to edit/enhance WYSIWYG programming developed in Adobe Dreamweaver or text editor. Highly proficient in Dreamweaver, Email on Acid and Microsoft Office tools including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience deploying email from Marketo is required and working knowledge of other marketing automation platform’s are a plus.
- Experience working with content management systems is a requirement. Kentico experience is highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively independently and/or with a team are a must.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in graphic/digital design or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of email campaign management and marketing experience.
- Two or more years work experience with deploying emails from Marketo is required. Experience with other marketing automation platform’s like Pardot, Eloqua, HubSpot, Informz, etc… are a plus.
- Experience with ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Informz is a plus
- Agency experience managing multiple clients preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working at or with associations, professional society’s or membership organizations is a plus.
- Flexible schedule – will average 20-25 hours per week
- Scheduling email sends using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formally Exact Target)
- Develop HTML emails for a variety of clients
- Pull reports as needed.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target), Act-On or similar ESP (Email Service Providers).
- Knowledge of current email standards and programming languages such as HTML, CSS, responsive design coding and related technologies.
- Ability to write/correct HTML code as necessary to edit/enhance programming developed in Adobe Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of email campaign management and programming for inclusion of dynamic/variable data, knowledge of Salesforce’s Ampscript programming, designing templates and managing images and text for use in email service provider systems.
- Knowledge of United States CAN-SPAM Act and Canadian Bill C-28 (CASL) regulations and best practices in opt-in methods, trigger confirmation responses, preferences tracking, unsubscribe mechanisms and forward features.
- In-depth understanding of cross-browser/platform/email client development, performance optimization techniques and accessibility standards
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Marketing General Incorporated was formed in 1978 and is widely respected throughout the association and nonprofit community as a thought leader, a trusted resource, and a preferred partner. Our lifecycle approach to membership marketing means we keep sight of the big picture as well as the many details essential to successful member programs.
Monday – Friday in the Alexandria, VA office.
- Provides project management to assigned clients
- Prepares project concepts and draft copy to clients for approval
- Establishes project management schedules and budgets for all campaigns
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance: researching and recommending new opportunities, recommending profit and service improvements. Keeping in constant contact with the client via regular scheduled meetings, either in-person, telephone and email communication.
- Interacts with internal departments including Production, creative, Lists and Data services to execute and deliver campaigns.
- Prepares, edits, proofreads draft copy, artwork and proofs. Prepare reports by collecting, entering, analyzing and summarizing statistical and analytical spreads
- Maintains quality service by learning and following established schedules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years total experience and minimum of three years’ experience in marketing or related field
- Experience with basic marketing concepts, printing, mailing, online, and computer service industries
- Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment, have excellent PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must demonstrate a professional demeanor, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to deliver quality customer service
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively accomplish multiple tasks required
- Experience with nonprofit organizations/Agency
- Working knowledge of direct response marketing techniques, nonprofit industry best practice
- Hands-on experience creating, analyzing and reporting on campaign and testing data
- Experience managing acquisition list selection, file segmentation strategies, testing structures, and data base functions
- Experience to identify what short- and long-term goals need to be met and how to meet them